Feed Viewer is a web browser designed specifically for reading blog posts.
Feed Viewer User Agent String
Feed Viewer identifies itself by HTTP header
User-Agent: FeedViewer/1.0 (+http://www.feedviewer.app/license). To exclude Feed Viewer from browsing your web deny its requests recognized by this user agent string.
How to display web feeds
Your home page must contain a link inside the
head tag of the HTML document:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Your site" href="http://your-site.com/feed/" />.
How to display articles
You can annotate your articles in HTML markup by microdata to be more confident that articles will show correctly. Copyright information shown below the article is taken from the web feed.
How to display advertisements
The advertisement is displayed if is contained in the article body and is implemented by a supported web standard.
How to block Feed Viewer from visiting your site
To prevent your web feed to be included in Feed Viewer search results disalow it in
robots.txt file. It takes several days before the changes in this file takes effect.
To prevent Feed Viewer’s users from accessing your website, deny your web server responding to that browser's requests.
Supported web standards
- Internet: DNS, HTTP, TLS, robots.txt
- Web feeds: CDF, RSS, Atom
- HTML: a, b, br, blockquote, code, dd, dl, dt, em, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, i, img, li, ol, p, strong, ul
- Microdata: Article, AdvertiserContentArticle, BlogPosting, NewsArticle, Report, SatiricalArticle, ScholarlyArticle, SocialMediaPosting, TechArticle
- Image formats: GIF, JPEG, PNG